Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Sunday, October 6

About Me

Hmm. Well, I’m supposed to be working (isn’t that how all blogs get created anyway?) … but instead I am doing this. I am debuting myself to the internet world for the first time since a web site experiment sometime around 1998.

I think I shall start with a little information about me and my favorite things:

Vital Statistics:
  • Name: Sandy Tesch
  • Birthday: 11/29/83
  • Siblings: sister, Paula (16)
  • Occupation: Student/part-time Security Monitor
  • Volunteer Work (Red Cross):
    Member, National Youth Council
    Youth Representative, Alameda County Leadership Board
    Peer Educator, Peers Advocating Safer Sex (PASS)
    Coordinator, UC Berkeley Red Cross club
  • Volunteer Work (Other):
    HIV Test Counselor, City of Berkeley
    Peer Educator, Sexual Harassment Advocacy and Peer Education (SHAPE)
  • School: UC Berkeley (Go BEARS!)
  • Favorite TV Show: Law and Order
  • Favorite Sports Team: Oakland Athletics
  • Favorite Player: Barry Zito
  • Favorite Children’s Movie: Lilo & Stitch
  • Favorite General Movie: Magnolia
  • Favorite Independent Movie(s): Waking Life; My Big Fat Greek Wedding
  • Favorite Band/Artist: Counting Crows (and Jack Johnson at a distant second)
  • Favorite Song: Up All Night by Counting Crows
  • Book Recommendation(s): Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner; A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers; The Autobiography of Malcolm X (as told to Alex Haley)
  • Restaurant Recommendation(s): Guadalajara Grill (Mexican); Zachary’s (pizza); Sorrento (Italian); Café Intermezzo (salads/sandwiches); Three Brothers from China (Chinese)
  • McDonalds or Burger King: Neither, really…
  • Coke or Pepsi: Coke, and it’s not close.
  • Most Exciting Moment: I met Adam Duritz in Berkeley!
  • Love of my Life: Ryan Wilkins (and Adam Duritz at a distant second…just kidding…)

I hate to imply that my life is really that interesting to read about, so, in that sense, I would like to establish this “Online Journal” as mine, so that I am not required to be interesting, comical, etc.

Upcoming Events: Red Cross Disaster Lecture Series on 10/9; Visit from long-lost friend Teddy on 10/11; 2-year (!) anniversary with Ryan on 10/14; Jack Johnson concert on 10/20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home