Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Tuesday, August 10

Oh, wow. It's been a long time. What have I been up to since July 25th? I took a midterm...that was fun. Then I worked a lot...more fun. Then I got paid, which was truly FUN.

I went to Washington, D.C. this past weekend for our National Youth Council meeting and I had a great time. Strangely enough I am transitioning well into my new responsibilities. Sometimes I am completely overwhelmed but that is nicely complemented by feelings of control and happiness.

The main thing I am working on is the National Youth Institute. I'm not sure I have any updates about that at this point but whatever happens it will be Very Exciting.

I started Hall Staff training yesterday and it already feels like I've been here for weeks. We are doing the 12 hour day thing with little contact with the outside world. Last night at 10 PM I put on half my pajamas, laid down to rest, and woke up at 8:10 this morning. I think that is a pretty good description.

But it is fun. Lots of bonding and getting to know people and reviewing policies and such. I am really looking forward to this year. I forgot how good it feels to start again. There are so many doors that are wide open and I am hoping to really jump on the opportunity to do many things like the September Together We Prepare stuff and security programming.

It's kind of strange having my own room. There is a lot of space, actually. I still have two large drawers empty and I have yet to decorate my walls. Even my bookshelf currently holds a mere 7 books and 4 DVDs.

Alas, my to do list is quite long. I am hoping not to make the same mistake as last night. I resolve to get things done. Summer was fun and now we're back to squeezing every minute out of every day possible and having lots of fun while doing it. I thought I would be upset--and I am, slightly--but all the new people and great activities make it worthwhile.

My last year at Cal...and it's going to be great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home