Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Monday, March 3

Wow...


I can't believe I haven't posted since the end of finals last semester, and it's already March--almost half way through the Spring semester. Wow.


Anyway, things are good. I have a paper due tomorrow but it's already written and I'm just in the editing process now. I think I may have finally matured--I wrote the paper a few days in advance, edited it, put it down, edited it, had Ryan look it over, took it to a writing tutor, edited it, and then took it to another writing tutor. This responsiblity stuff is all new for me. Are the late nights and early mornings of barely meeting deadlines over? Who knows.


I have even started studying for my Anthropology quiz, which is on Thursday. I feel like I'm in some sort of bizarro-world.


Now back to life. Things are going well, as I realized when I was talking to my friend Jacob last night. I have more responsibility than ever in my Red Cross positions, but therefore more chances to develop my leadership skills and other abilities. We met with the Stanford club yesterday and that went well. We are hoping to start a Red Cross College Club Council of California with us, Stanford, UCSB, and UCLA. It should be fun!


In other news, several facets of my life were affected by the terrible economy including Red Cross Youth Services and HIV testing at the Tang Center, which have been either downsized or cut completely. In addition, my hours working at the SM booth have been cut due to lack of funding. Oy.


Well, that's all for now. I'm off to play the part of a responsibile young student by editing my paper and doing some reading. Yay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home