Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Sunday, November 3

Mmmm...


I'm in that middle period where one midterm has ended and I have rested up, but I am about to begin another round of sleepless nights and stress. Well, hopefully it won't be that bad. I have an MCB midterm on Wednesday, which I am somewhat prepared for (I made a bare bones study guide last night). But for now, I'd rather be in denial and talk about my weekend.

I think I had a pretty good weekend :o) I was able to volunteer at the Julia Morgan Center with Ryan on Friday night so that we could see a play called "A Lashing of Malice, A Slice of Humor: The Adult Works of Roald Dahl." I think he liked it more than I did, but it was still great to meet new people and see some really talented actors and actresses with disabilities.

The rest of my weekend can be characterized by one word: MANIKINS. Ryan and I spent the better part of Friday and Saturday hauling manikins to and from various locations: from the Red Cross office, to the Red Cross van, to my dorm room, to Wheeler Hall, back to the van, etc. I hate CPR.

However, I have made up for those escapades by spending today relaxing. I woke up at 12 noon, got some brunch, read, organized my academic life, and proceeded to the library. Every time I go, I fall in love with the library all over again. It is beautiful and quiet and full of books.

I am now the proud temporary owner of four biographies or autobiographies of people with disabilities. Hopefully one of them will prove interesting enough to write a paper on by next Tuesday.

So, that's all for now. I am off to watch Sound and Fury, a great documentary on the cochlear implant. Also, at 8:15 PM I will be attending a small soiree at the 3rd floor lounge in order to fill out an evaluation for my RA. Adios :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home