Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Sunday, September 19

Weekend Update


And the weekend is almost over. I have managed to study another GRE section, though, and I am slowly progressing through the master list of 3,500 words. Buying a book that promises to teach you 3,500 words sounds like such a great idea when you are in the initial phase of studying. But now that I have seen these words--all 50 lists worth--I'm not so thrilled. They recommend you spend at least 1 hour on each list, but, in true student form, I plan to spend at least 1 hour studying 5 lists, saving me approximately 40 hours and hopefully not jeopardizing my GRE score.

In other news, our eggs are expired, so I was unable to make cookies today. Which is also why I was able to get through the first four lists of GRE words. And Law & Order isn't on. But I am now well-educated on the World Baking Cup competition. Congratulations, Japan!

I watched almost the entire Miss America pageant last night and then fell asleep right before the end. I'm not even sure why I watched it--it's addictive that way. And they mask the whole thing as a college scholarship competition. I didn't think I had much state allegiance until Miss California was eliminated (and I fell asleep). She at least had a personality. And she didn't have funny eyes like Miss Alabama, who I think was crowned Miss America (according to my grandpa).

The weather is being weird. It started pouring rain at 7:30 this morning when I was waiting to have breakfast with Mom, Bob, Marty, and Roberta. Then it cleared up. Then it rained again. It such such an amazing effect on drivers that it is actually quite funny. They start cutting people off and pulling out in front of you like crazy. It's because the roads are wet, so it's obviously much safer.

It has been having a schizoid effect on my bearings, though. One minute I'm under a blanket feeling like it's winter and the next I'm feeling silly for not going outside to play.

But anyway, I must get back to school mode. Maybe I will study in the library if it's raining, outside if it's sunny. Thank you, crazy weather, for giving me so many options!

P.S. I saw Garden State today!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home