Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Sunday, September 12


My thoughts are quite jumbled so I fear I will not be too witty at this time. However, I shall recap the weekend.

Friday felt like a weekend day because I was able to take care of errands (we finally did the Buddy the Blood Drop photo shoot...hilarious pictures coming soon) and also go to work. I spent a few hours with Ariel getting the UCB blood drive stuff in order for this year. Then I worked the Hall Ass run-off election table from 6-8 and went to Shonte's to watch The United States of Leland. Then we broke up parties, or one party several times, since Shonte was serving as building manager for the weekend. At first she kicked people off the roof since it closes at 10 PM; then we still heard them in the elevator and it turns out they went back to the roof, so she asked them to leave again. We finally got back to her apartment and still there was noise echoing through the courtyard, from the same group of people but in their apartment. We walked up there and she informed then she was going to call the police. A nice officer showed up in a bit and explained their noise violation. It helped somewhat but there was still noise and people seem unable to close their windows. It's like being an RA, but without the authority.

So I crashed there on Friday and woke up Saturday to go to a meeting about the Unit 2 blood drive and then to the football game. We left at half time (we were winning, anyway) and then Ryan took me home and I fell asleep pretty quickly. Today has been a lazy day...went to breakfast, napped, sat around at the park, and then grabbed the EZ Up and my stuff and Ryan took me back to Berkeley.

The one drawback: I left my cell phone at home and I have the EZ Up here at Unit 2 (rather than in Eshleman, accessible from campus).

So now I am taking care of odds and ends as usual on Sunday night. Might be doing Taebo (which is apparently all one word) later on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home