Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Tuesday, December 14

What have I been up to? The boring update.


These are the crucial times when I need to be updating my blog...if I don't I will look back on my expansive winter break and wonder "what did I do that whole time??" It's been a relaxing few days so far since I finished with my last two papers on Thursday. To recap: the IDS exam went okay, the Psych exam went well (hopefully very well, fingers are crossed), the Public Policy paper went okay...though I needed major reassurance toward the end, and the English paper went surprisingly well (in my opinion), although my grade is still pending. So far I know that I have passed IDS, which is good because I was slightly worried. Psych is getting frustrating because they still haven't posted the new surveys online and we won't get our exam grades until Friday, and the rest...I have ceased to care. I am a bit worried about English...of course now I feel the guilt for not working harder. Six classes is way too much...there's always something to fall through the cracks.

So I attended my last Public Policy 190 class on Thursday night (and we worked on the paper...I will be so happy to turn that thing in tonight)...and then relaxed, slept in on Friday (11 hours total, I believe)...and I don't remember the rest. Precisely why I need to post more. Ohh, yeah. I delivered blood drive materials in the afternoon.

On Saturday and Sunday I relaxed at home, did some shopping, attended the chorale concert (so good!), and met with my Public Policy group (mentioned above). On Monday I returned my library books, declared my minor in Public Policy, went to work in the late morning, and then returned to my room where I took a short nap (it totally came out of nowhere) and watched several hours worth of Law & Order. Today I went to the recruiters meeting and then worked on our Public Policy paper (that makes three mentions in just one post!), had some lunch, watched some TV, did some work, etc. It's been a pretty productive evening...mostly because there is nothing good on TV. The commercials are killing me. It is the same ones over and over again (things I did not notice during the year because I had other commitments). JC Penney and Circuit City: I am ready to boycott you based on your repetitive commercials. But they are pretty catchy.

Yes, I know this is boring. But it's more for my benefit than anything...for when I am freaking out in January wondering where my winter break went.

Prognosis for the next few days: good. Ted is coming home tomorrow, Paula is coming home Saturday. I am busy but not too busy. I am slowly making progress through the to do list I made when I was in the heat of finals.

And now I'm off to the Hall Staff meeting, I think. Yay for the end of the semster! :o)

P.S. Please help me figure out what I should do with my life. So far I'm thinking I will work for a year (unless I really like the SF State or Hayward State Pub Admin programs, in which case I may go to school right away).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home