Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Wednesday, November 10

FURREAL FRIENDS toys are a magical line of electronic plus animals. When stimulated by touch and sound, they respond to you like real household pets!


I hate modern medicine. I think I just hate the whole system. I already have issues with pre-meds, and now I'm realizing that I don't like healthcare in general. I have an appointment at the Tang Center for 10:15 and I am sitting here in fear that, once again, they are going to turn me away because my symptoms aren't good enough. But I can't hear out of my left ear, and this is the result of 12 hours of sleep on Saturday night. Isn't that a good enough reason?

Anyway, on to happier things. I'm sorry I have neglected you, weblog. I get a little overwhelmed sometimes. Like right now. I am going to start doing work stuff soon and then I will feel a bit less overwhelmed but it can still get crazy. So many little assignments and things to coordinate. And I have all this guilt--when I get a day off like today (section canceled, optional lecture) I always feel compelled to still work. Never academic work, but just something. I think this is why vacations are so popular. One can literally get away.

Speaking of which, I am going to San Antonio in December! Yay! I am very excited. We are flying first class which I have never done before! Now I can sit in the front of the plane and watch people judge me as they go past. I had always wondered how those people afforded first class seats and now I know. Frequent flyer miles.

In other news, I may actually puchase one of these. I must be desperate for toys, love, and attention. Strange. I couldn't decide between the polar bear and the panda, but now I just realized that they have kittens, too! Decisions, decisions.

And I am going to St. Louis this weekend. I keep forgetting about that. I need to get to planning what I'm going to say. Large expanse of time yet little seems to get done. Hopefully it is nice weather and we can get out to the Washington University area for a bit.

Okay, time to go. I keep hitting control + save and it actually knows that command so it's getting a little frustrating. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home