Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Sunday, May 18

Check-in


Just wanted to check in as I'm studying for finals. This is one of my many breaks. I have been watching Malcolm X on BET and it is so inspirationally addictive.

I have an Ethnic Studies final tomorrow at 8:00 AM which I am not worried about for two reasons: (1) I got a 97 on my midterm and (2) I did a little extra credit assignment worth 3 points toward my final grade! My paper was pretty awesome, I think, so I am hoping that will push me up toward an A. I can say goodbye to the A if I bomb the final, but hopefully everything will go okay.

So then comes the guilt about my other two finals. Why am I studying so much for Ethnic Studies? It isn't a requirement. This is the conversation that is going on in my head. I have not even looked at my Anthro stuff even though my grade is very teetery. Sociology should be a little better, but 2 As and a B on papers is a better guarantee of an A in the class than 2 Bs and and A. Hopefully I can "buckle down" tonight.

In other news, I attended the Save the Day Gala at the Oakland Museum for the Red Cross. It was quite lovely and I had a wonderful time. It was a nice break from the studying I am not doing for finals. I am looking forward to relaxation and, of course, National Convention, in the coming weeks. I am starting to get butterflies...

I'm sure there will be more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home