Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Monday, September 20

[Insert obscure Lolita reference here]


I hate it when you're trying to think of who someone reminds you of and it just won't come to you. I think that's what kept me awake in my Psych section this afternoon. Every once in a while his voice would have a certain twang and my ears would perk up and process that sound over and over again. But to no avail. Well, there's always next week. At least if I'm paying this kind of attention I may have a good chance of doing well in the class.

Another day, another blood drive. But one that I definitely did not want to run today. I am in some kind of depressive funk which prevents me from flyering. I was gung ho about flyering (well, relatively I suppose) on Friday but today something inside of me refused. I hope the blood drive does well anyway. Also there were no signboards to place on Sproul and there was still a line even though we had tons of staff (conveniently on break) and only a few donors. Oy.

I can't wait until this day is over! I am already finished with my Lolita reading (it goes quick) and I just took care of e-mailing a professor as well. If only I had that Munger book for Public Policy. It is standing between me and my reading for class tomorrow. So, yeah, Public Policy reading, then Red Cross and SC stuff and then hopefully sleep. I'm feeling a bit more in control this week, although somewhat depressed.

And I have less than 3,500 GRE words to go! And that grad school research stuff. Fun!

I can't believe this about the fire at UPS. Craziness. I guess it's good that we spent all last week tabling for emergency preparedness. Perhaps I should send a pack of brochures up their way. And Garden State was pretty good, but I wasn't totally thrilled. Some parts seemed kind of random and the ending could have been a bit less...contrived? I don't know. It's hard to explain.

And I am sick. I hate phlegm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home