Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Wednesday, October 16

I'm Tired


I try to avoid it as much as possible, but lack of sleep is pretty much the only thing UC Berkeley students (and probably all college students) talk about. I don't know why we bother to ask "how are you?" because it's always the same answer: "(audible sigh) I'm tired" followed by a description of exactly why this person didn't get any sleep last night. And, these reasons and excuses for not getting any sleep generally don't include studying.

So that's where I am now. I'm tired. I want to go back to bed. Yet I keep plugging along--I have errands to run, I have to go to class, I have to study for and take midterms. Why? Why am I doing all this? It makes no sensible sense to me right now.

I just spent half my morning scheduling 50 million rooms for our 50 million Red Cross events through the end of November. Finally, when we were just about to complete the last request, the scheduling computer crashed. It was tired.

So now I have e-mails to send and homework to do and tests to study for, yet it all seems very inconsequential when I know that my pillows and blankets are calling out to me. That is precisely why I am in the Academic Center--I don't deal with temptation well.

However, at some point today, I must shower. I must return to my room so that I can send e-mail using Outlook Express and it will be cataloged on my computer. I must...I must...I must sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home