Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Wednesday, September 1

Unwinding

I have just finished the third day of school and I am already overwhelmed. There are so many things to do yet very little time. For example, I need to fax in my timesheet but I have already put on my pajamas so I don't want to go down to the computing center. Then I should also be taking pictures of the SMs and the seventh floor residents. But I'm tired. And whiny.

Today was a very full day. I stopped by the blood drive, went to Psych 150, went to IDS 130 section, then booked it to San Francisco for the United Way Speaker's Bureau training. I just guessed a direction and started walking in search of California Street, and luckily I found it. It pays to pay attention to streets and such when you are a small child.

I was 15 minutes early and reviewed their materials. The training was good. It was very United Way focused in the beginning and then at the end there were some very valuable speaking skills. As I told my mom: you know how there are things you want to know more about but you wish there were just a few easy secrets that would enlighten you? That's how this was. There are several very simple keys to speaking in front of groups that were pretty easy to grasp. They may not be as easy to master but I have a few years to practice still. I also invited our speaker to Convention and I am hoping that either he or his wife will be able to do a session at Convention or perhaps for the National Youth Council.

Then I ran off to catch the F bus back to the East Bay. I was 20 minutes late to HIV testing, mostly because I am cheap and lazy and didn't want to take BART. (So I saved $3 and managed to get a seat on the bus rather than having to stand on the train). HIV testing was good as usual though very busy. And finally, I made it home, ate at the DC, and here I am. Again avoiding work.

Essentially I need to do e-mail stuff and then plan my day tomorrow. Law & Order does not seem to be on channel 3. I am very confused. Brow is furrowing.

I am getting used to the new Blogger. At first I hated it and I clinged to my html tags. But now I am slowly accepting it. It is easier. So far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home