Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Tuesday, April 13

Where did the Night Go?




I have no idea what happened between 10:00 last night and 6:30 this morning. No idea. It's like sleep causes an overwhelming drunkenness in me and I must deal with the consequences the next morning. Oy.

So it's been a crazy couple of weeks. Spring Break was really hard. In some ways harder than school, just different responsibilities. I was extremely sick for the first several days--I had the cold from hell--and I basically worked and went to a training for the entire thing. I was supposed to do something fun on the last Saturday and Sunday of break but I ended up sitting around. Law & Order is the downfall of me. Law & Order and sleep.

The week back at school after Spring Break was really hard. And last week, although 1 week removed from Spring Break, was still hard. The responsibilities just pile up all the way until Friday when I freak out and then do no form of work for the entire weekend. Last week I had an excuse, though. The blood drive.

So we go into this blood drive (with a goal of 80 units, mind you) with 63 appointments. For a goal of 80. Most of those appointments came from my annoying e-mails. I went home thinking we had gotten maybe, maybe 50 units. Luckily I got a call from Ariel in a few hours (as we were on our way to Red Bluff) saying we had actually done 75! I guess wearing a pathetic, furry blood drop costume for 2 hours really works.

Sidenote: Red Bluff was pretty fun. The town itself leaves something to be desired but it was nice to see my mom/aunt/sister and get away from Berkeley. We went out to eat a lot, we swam, we dyed Easter eggs, and Easter brunch was tasty. We also did my taxes! It was great!

So yesterday was a similar continuation of that but I wasn't present for most of it. Mondays are my hardest class days so I could only be there from 9:45-10:00 AM and 1:00-2:00 PM. But I was in full recruiter mode when I was there and the latest estimate is 72 units for a goal of 80.

There were some definite moments of hilarity and strangeness yesterday. Most of them involved a furry blood drop costume. The first was when the fraternity member, Brian, was thrilled to be able to dress up as a blood drop. He shimmied right into that costume and started yelling out all sorts of things: "If you mention you heard it here, they'll give you a free syringe!" and "I bet you're my type...my blood type!" were just two of his witty gems. I could not watch him without breaking into laughter. The fact that his shorts were slightly shorter than the costume also added fun to the picture--a furry blood drop with hairy, naked legs sticking out of it.

The second moment came when I had to transport the costume home and getting off the bus I whacked a tiny little blonde girl in the head. Whoops. It's hard to get around with that thing.

So that is pretty much the extent of the entertaining part of my day. It was crazy and I'm glad it's over. Today should be slightly better...and I mean slightly better because I was woken up at 6:30 AM by Ariel who reminded me I had to put up the no parking signs in front of Soda Hall. With a 7 AM trip to Soda (which requires a 20 minute hike), could the day get any worse? Let's just see about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home