Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Thursday, May 6

Woah



It's time to wrap up the day. It was looong. It has been one long week. Strangely enough, today felt like Wednesday. Yet somehow yesterday felt like Thursday. I am very mixed up.

It all started at 8:00 AM this morning when I woke up an hour and a half late. I rushed to the shower, skipped breakfast, grabbed my mail, and speed walked down to Timber's house to work on our Psych 132AC project. We finished up by 10:45 and I was actually early to Sociology (for the first time in a long time). Well it was pretty much for naught because it turned out our professor had a family emergency and sent her Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) in her place to give us course evaluations and the take-home final. I got out of there at 11:23 with only one place to go: the blood drive.

From there ensued the slowest 4 hours of my life. It was pretty painful, all told, and I am grateful I was able to leave at 4. I was going nutty. People were waiting 2 and a half hours to donate because we were understaffed. And then a donor had a reaction--the most severe I have ever seen at a drive. If 4:00 hadn't come around I think I would have lost it.

Then it was off to check Wheeler for signs of a line for Troy (there was none). And then on to the Residential Student Services Building (RSSB) to meet with my co-SC Adaobi to figure out our SM rosters for next year. So far I have 11 or 12 returning SMs and at some point I will start to look into hiring new ones. Yay for more responsibility!

Then I met Kathy at the bus stop at 5:00 and we had to wait until 5:30 for a bus (one bus driver, with plenty of room on board, claimed the bus was full and sped off. This is not making me like public transportation.) We got to the Convention meeting at 5:55 and I had originally planned to leave at 6:00. So that was out the window. It was so nice to sit in one non-moving location that I decided to forget Troy and stay there. I got back to Unit 1 (and the DC) at 7:30ish, had a bite to eat, and then had Consultation Hours (the last one!).

...And now I'm here. Tired. Unmotivated. A bad combination. I am debating going to the library to work on my Psych project and my final study guide but so far I haven't figured things out. I need to make a list.

Regarding the picture: today is Ryan's 21st birthday! (I thought Animal House would be appropriate.) I actually don't get to see him today because I spent the day doing the above activities and he spent the day with Gary and Nate traipsing around Grass Valley meeting with people from Yahoo! and such. So he's tired and his allergies are acting up and I'm going to see him tomorrow instead. Slightly sad. :o(

P.S. Speaking at Stanford went very well! I'm so glad Shonte and I went. Regan from the Student Campaign for Child Survival is so nice. I really want to help them start a Berkeley chapter. I'm so glad Allison found them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home