Sandy's Online Journal

Are we the dining dead?

Sunday, April 25

Totally Distracted



It's just one of those nights. Actually, it's just one of those weekends.

So as I sat down to my computer this evening and check the various web sites and blogs that have become my routine, I silently commented to myself about how annoying it is when people don't post regularly. And then I thought of my journal. Irony.

Anyway, back to what distracted me from my journal in the first place. GMail! Apparently, as a blogger.com user, I get to try GMail before everyone else! Yay for me! Unfortunately, my sign in name has to be at least 6 letters. So, sandy@gmail.com (the coolest possible e-mail address is out). However, stesch (at) gmail.com is in. So that's me--my 6th and most recent e-mail address.

Sidenote: do I really have 6 e-mail addresses? Let's count: (1) Hotmail account, (2) Red Cross account #1, (3) Red Cross account #2, (4) Yahoo account, (5) Berkeley account...and now (6) GMail account. Wow, I was right. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Now time for the weekend update. Not with Tina Fey, though. With Sandy Tesch. I went home on Friday, somewhat against my better judgment because of the abundance of TV at my house. Oh, TV. My weakness. And it wasn't even Law & Order. I did, however, catch up on The Real World and The Osbournes--a form of homework in itself, really.

Anyway, my weekend was fairly uneventful. On Saturday Ryan and I ran errands (Guad, Target, Ben Franklin) and then we played whiffle ball and Foxtail (is that the proper name of the game?) in the park until dusk. 'Twas fun. Then I attempted to do homework. I ended up completing about a third of a study guide for Chapter 14 for Developmental Psych and very little of either of my papers.

This morning I got up at 8:00 AM to have breakfast with my mom. It was kind of disjointed from there. We went to the dollar store (a form of heaven on Earth--I got 12 Pocket PC sheet protectors for $1!) and then to Walgreens and then to the liquor store and then to Longs. And somehow through all of that I forgot to look for a hair clippy at Walgreens and pick up the weekly ads at Longs. Oops.

Then I wrapped Lani's shower gifts and tried to get a haircut at Great Clips but was foiled by the 30 minute wait. Then we were off to Dixon to pick up a giant cake and meet Paula for Lani's bridal shower. All in all, it was a nice event. Lots of nice, practical gifts.

It was fun seeing Paula. She and I are going to be traveling the East Coast from June 1-13 hopefully, if the finances work out. I have to get down to it and book my flight. I've been meaning to do that for a while.

We had dinner at the Cattlemen's...a steak house dinner is always nice because I would never go to steak houses ever if it wasn't for TT. No funds, baby.

Then it was back home to talk baseball and life with my grandpa and then back here to Berkeley. Where I realized I still had to put up the "no parking" signs for Unit 3. It was a nice jaunt down there, though, so no harm done.

Another week...another week closer to the end of school! Good because it's going to be summer soon. Bad because there are many hurdles in the forms of papers and exams to get over. Oh boy! Let the stress that is late April and May begin. Maybe next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home